Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Love, Love, Love Heart

Let the Valentine decorating begin.....
(yes, hanging my head, I did just take down my Christmas card garland and put my nativity set away yesterday)

I started this last week but just put it together yesterday and I can feel the love! It looks so cute in the entryway.

It took a little while to make the heart but it wasn't difficult. I did it in Microsoft Word and just played around with the spacing so it would look like a heart. I used all different fonts and tried to space out the ones that were bolder. I started off with 20 for a font size because I had an 8x10 frame that I was planning on using. The heart by itself looked really lost and blah in the 8X10 though and since I couldn't get out to check out any scrapbook paper or embellishments - my 4 year old has been down with a stomach bug all week - I made do with what I had. I changed the font to 16 and went with the 5x7 frame and some cute Valentine Day fabric.

I can't take credit for this idea-wish I could, but I know I saw something like this on another blog. I'm pretty sure it was on one of the blogs that lets you link up your projects every week (love those link ups) - but I've tried to look for it and I can't find it anywhere. This is why I really need to put a notebook by my computer so I can jot ideas down. That or I really need to start marking my favorites more often. I always think oh I'll remember that.......yeah, right! I have no memory after 5 children. The project I saw had 3 small frames with I love you each in a different frame. The love part of the saying was a heart like I made-I'm not sure how it was made, I just saw the picture and thought it was cute. If this is your project or you know whose blog it is, please let me know so I can link up and give you/them credit.

Edited to add.....I found where I saw the heart to begin with.....it was at The Stories of A to Z. Beth has been having a mantel party on her blog every week and I saw the heart when she showed us her Valentine's Day Mantel. Her mantel parties are every Friday and another great place to get some wonderful, creative ideas. She did print her heart out and it's way cute! She just tweaked her mantel for the holiday and you can see it here. Glad I finally found it so I can give credit where credit is due. Thank you to all who share their creativity with all of us daily.

In honor of Valentine's Day and love and sharing (both of which my children are having trouble with this week!), if anyone is interested, I'd love to send this file to you. Right now, it's saved in the size 16 font but it's easy to change to make smaller or bigger. Send me your email address or leave a comment here and I'll send it out as soon as I can. If you do use it, I'd love for you to leave a comment with a link or send me a picture so I can see what you've done and we can share all the projects.

and
Posted by Picasa

56 comments:

Leslie said...

I would "LOVE" this file! It turned out so cute! My email is lesliebullock7@hotmail.com. Thanks so much for sharing!

Shelly said...

Dawn, I'd "Love" to have this file as well. There is even a possibility that I'll be able to do something with my class with this for their Valentine's Day gift for their Moms. Please email the file to me, shesewsall@yahoo.com

Corrie Howe said...

This is a cute idea. I love how you used different fonts and then the ribbon on the frame.

Stopping by from SITS. I can't believe you have five children, president of PTO and basketball coach. I only have 3 and I feel overwhelmed.

Sara said...

Super cute Dawn! I'd "love" to have the file too!

Amy said...

You can so show this idea off next month at my Round Robin if you would like too. What a cute idea..

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Your heart looks fantastic! Thanks for linking back to me ;).

Tasha said...

I love it! This something I want to try and do. So creative and fun!

Whit Bits said...

Dawn, please send me the file! This is so cute! robertson_lori@hotmail.com

Sarah Coulsey said...

I am following from Friday Follow. Sorry I am late or Early!!!!


sarahsblogoffun.blogspot.com

Cindi said...

I would love to accept your generous offer.
cindirose67@yahoo.com

I think I will use this as one of the gifts/prizes at our church's Valentine's Dinner. I'll let you know.

Erin Bassett said...

Love this!! If you could send me the file that would be fantastic! (mail4erinb@gmail.com)

(Stopping by from SITS)

Melissa B. said...

My daughter's birthday is the first week in February, so I always make cut-out sugar cookies in the shapes of hearts and decorate them with pink icing and sprinkles. SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did!

Beyond the Outer Limits

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

Just dropped by from SITS and love, love, love it! What a cute idea and I think it really turned out great! If we had the room, I'd make one too, but I'm quite limited on space at the moment. Happy crafting!

Beverly said...

That is so cute. I would love to have a copy of it. My email is warnerbev@thebluezone.net

Unknown said...

I would love this file. Also, would you mind if I save this picture in my inspiration folder?
Thanks
Bethany
My email is morphsrose@gmail.com
This, That, & T'other

知道 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tammy said...

Hey, I found you through another blog I have been following. I am new to this blogging stuff but I am having a lot of fun learning. I would also love to have this file when you have a chance. My email is theistamara@yahoo.com
Thanks
Tammy

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Hi Dawn,
Love the heart frame! so cute!

I just wanted you to know what your first link-up to my party had the wrong link on it (it sent me to Blue Cricket Design) So I deleated that one and fixed it with one that lead here... Just in case you were wondering why it was not there for a little bit. : )

Norma said...

hi dawn!

i would love, love, LOVE this for my bookcase!

my email is mnbabbel@aol.com

thanks! norma :)

Nana Laurie said...

Darling idea. Thank you for sharing it. I would love the file. My email address is fseeno@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

Very cute idea, I would love a copy of the file. My e-mail address is Projectgadabout@me.com.


Ohh by the way Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest

Cole said...

Stopping by from SITS :)

Super cute idea!

Tonya said...

That turned out to be really pretty! I just took my christmas stuff down last week too. Don't feel bad.

Thanks for visiting me on my SITS day!

Amy said...

Happy Sunday.. I am going to start working on my mantel soon. I will let you know if I use this idea.. Have a great evening..

Sandy said...

Hodudodat? I love it! Have to send it to my daughter for her homeschool kids... great looking in the frame... good job!

Kris said...

Dawn! That is really, really cute! I would think that would take a lot of patience to get that heart just right. You did a great job!

Shawn said...

I would love a copy of the cute heart. I Love it
shawnhatch@cox.net

Sandra said...

this is a cute idea! thanks for sharing. Coming from SITS to say hello :)

Writing Without Periods! said...

I love the month of Feb. especially Valentine's day. Your post just made it better.
Mary

Yankee Girl said...

That is so cute!

My husband and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day but I do make sure to send Valentine's Day cards to everyone I know.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
Saw your blog on the SITS roll call and I wanted to check your blog out. Super cute and fun!

Oh yeah, and I commend you for being able to keep your large family together! Keep up the great work!

Jen said...

I would love the file if you get time. No rush!

madsenfam at msn dot com


THANKS!!

Unknown said...

this is awesome...so glad I found you! Would love a copy of the file at:
casual-crafter@shaw.ca


Thanks so much!!

Tasha said...

would LOVE a copy of this file - tasha.seegmiller@ironmail.org

Thanks!

Yolanda said...

Thank you for sharing! Would you please send me a copy of your heart file. You are so sweet to share and give of your time to save a little of my time.

yolanda_jensen@yahoo.com

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! You say you're impressed with my DIY blog skills-- I'm floored by your DIY craft skills! I wish I had some of your talent. I love that Valentine you made!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Shelley said...

Cute blog!!

I'm your newest follower from Friday Follow! I'd love for you to come visit me :)

Have a great weekend!
~Shelley @ Shelley's Swag

Katie said...

So cute Dawn, I'd love a copy sent to me!

Laura said...

I LOVE this. You did a fabulous job with the spacing. I would LOVE a copy. Thank you with all the LOVE in my heart. Did I use the word LOVE enough?

onedsmom@hotmail.com

Amanda said...

I would love it! huz_kids@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I'm a new reader of your blog and would love to have the file. I think I can still get it made by Valentine's Day. Thanks! princesspat22(at)gmail(dot)com

kanishk said...

It turned out so cute

Domain registration india

Nicole S said...

I stumbled across your blog, and like the many, many others, I would sincerely appreciate a copy of your love heart you made in Word. That was so creative and turned out very cute.
My email is: lachilena.king@gmail.com

Thanks! Nicole

ba and the boys said...

am i too late?
thethriftyba@yahoo.com
thank you for sharing!

Amy said...

Yeah this was a hit with me.. I wanted to say Thanks for linking this up. What a great idea... Yeah..

Happy Valentine's Day..

Diane Schmidt said...

Really CUTE!

emily and jared larsen said...

That is fantastic... I would love the file if you don't mind sharing. Thanks so much. larsengang@comcast.net

Jodie said...

This is adorable. I love to make on for a wedding present, if you could share the file.
thanks,
Jodie_Nichols@hotmail.com

Alayna said...

I would also like a copy, after you get to the other 49 people on the list:)
alayna_adams5@yahoo.com

Amy said...

I would love for you to send me this! It is SO adorable! Can't believe Christmas is already over and we are starting to decorate for Valentine's Day! Crazy! Thanks so much for sharing your talents! fawnsfam@shaw.ca

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

SO cute! I am a new follower!

Tucker said...

Could you email to me? nightowlcreations@bellsouth.net

Thanks!! Super cute!

nellana said...

It would be really nice if you could send this to me. Nellana (at) hotmail (dot) com

Pasha & Justin said...

I love this - what a cute idea! And how kind of you to share. If you could send a copy to pkquaas@yahoo.com, I would sincerely appreciate it. Thanks for the great idea!

Toby and Tammy said...

What an adorable craft! If you still have it and are willing to share, I would love a copy.
Thank you!
Tammy
tamaramthornton@Hotmail.com
www.tobyandtammythornton.blogspot.com

Sara said...

LOVE THIS. SERIOUSLY. LOVE THIS. Are you still willing to send out the file? THANK YOU!!!

sara(dot)seipert(at)gmail.com