Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

A {Very} Simple Skirt

A couple of weeks ago, I saw the cutest skirt over at Made. Perfect for spring and summer, playing, twirling, school and home and for just being comfortable. Dana was kind enough to give a tutorial for the skirt and I quickly added it to my want to make list.

Dana says

"seriously. it's the simplest skirt you'll ever make. ever."

And, oh yes, this is so true.


I wanted to make something special for my 5 year old's best friend's birthday. Which is today. So, of course, I started last night. I would have loved to make the two layer skirt but figured I'd better go with the basic one. You know, seeing as I needed it for today. I did take Dana's suggestion and sewed around the hem twice-an easy special little touch. I wish I had taken her advice for creating the waistband. Oh well, live and learn, mine was a little too small and although the elastic fit, it was a tight squeeze.


I started last night and finished this morning. And that's was with the kids all around and my son thinking that pressing the sewing machine pedal while I'm sewing is a new, fun, fun game.


I had the fabric in my stash and I had gotten it on sale so another quick, easy and cute project!


I'm definitely going to make some more of these for the girls!





I'm linking up to Amanda at Serenity Now's Weekend Bloggy Reading and The Weekend Wrap Up Party with Jen at Tatertots and Jello.



Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Melissa said...

So cute, and I enjoyed the way you told the story. Thanks for the smiles!

Yvonne@StyleBurb said...

That's really cute fabric, Dawn - my little girl would love it! I have to tell you that I thought it was very funny that your son kept pressing the pedal while you were sewing- maybe not so fun for you though!

Unknown said...

This is so adorable Dawn. What a cute skirt for a sweet little girl. It makes me want one : ) A girl! : ) Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Cute skirt. Come share with a party over at Makin It Domestic

http://makinitdomestic.blogspot.com/2011/04/its-time-to-party.html

Amy said...

love it.. I know that little girl will feel so lucky to have it.. Have a great Sunday..

Amy said...

Happy Monday..

Claremont First Ward said...

So cute. She's going to love it!

Amy said...

THanks for the comment about Donald and I.. It was a fun trip..

Amy said...

How neat that she still has her book. We will keep ours and get a new one next time.. I can't wait to go back. Have a great day..

Amy said...

Thanks for the late Easter wish same to you.. Our poor feet..