Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

We're Back Part II, Bibs and Burps

We're back from another wonderful weekend of camping. My sister's family and ours always go camping the weekend before school starts. We had to go early this year because her kids go back on Thursday. Mine don't go back until next Tuesday-yeah, another week of summer!
The kids had a great time again-they love being with their cousins. The baby loves being outdoors so camping is right up his alley!


I went to a baby shower last weekend for a friend in town. I already knew the baby was a girl and her name started with K so I had picked up two outfits and made a pair of matching bibs and burp cloths. They came together quick and easy which is good because I was sewing right up until I had to get ready per usual.
These two pictures are the bibs-front and back.



These are the burp cloths. Usually I cover the center with flannel and add ribbon but I tried something different this time and everyone liked them. I used the same K as the bib and tried to copy the cupcake on the flannel.


We also had a birthday party that same weekend but I forgot to take pictures-the downfall of sewing up until 10 minutes before you have to leave. I made her a shirt with her initial and a headband just like this one I did for a previous birthday. My 6 year old loves giving these as gifts as much as she loves picking out the fabric.


Have a great week!

5 comments:

PropellerHeadMom said...

Those look fantastic! Boy, I really need to learn to sew. I don't have a clue. Thanks for the welcome and for stopping by my blog!

Debbie said...

You did a greeat job on these. How cute!
Stopped by from SITS.

Heidi Boos said...

Personalized gifts are the best! Love the monogrammed bib.

Kris said...

What fun gifts to give! I melt over anything with a cupcake on it. :)

Juliet Grossman said...

How cute are those bibs? What a cool project. Thanks so much for swinging by my blog on my Sits Day last week:-)