Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Teachers' Gifts...check, check, check, check, check

2 days until Christmas!!!

(as my girls keep reminding me and reminding me and reminding me.......)


I've been checking my list and checking it twice.......

and last night I finished the girls' teachers' gifts-


and then packed up my sewing machine for a few days because unfortunately the dining room is for dining and we need to eat on Christmas Day!


I made each of the girls' teachers a fabric notebook cover from Skip To My Lou.

I had the fabric on hand and they were quick and easy to put together.
I'm going to make them some chocolate/peanut candy to go with each one and for the aides and send them to school tomorrow. My girls have to go to school all day tomorrow which they think is horrible!
(I, on the other hand, think of it as a blessing and my last 2 free hours to get some stuff done before Christmas!)
Off to cross some more things off my mega huge list of things to do-my week's been a bit crazy with an unplanned trip to the doctor yesterday-all my kids have colds and my 6 year old started complaining Saturday night of an ear ache....first ear infection of the winter. My 4 year old told me the other night her sniff was blocked up and then proceeded to demonstrate for me a few hundred times.
Have a great day!!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sara said...

Cute fabric choices! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Kris said...

Dawn, those notebooks turned out so cute!!!!! You did a great job. What a fun gift this will be for their teachers!

danita said...

those are awesome notebook covers! the teachers will be so happy! stopping in from SITS!

Melissa B. said...

You are such a great parent! Speaking as a teacher, I know your gifts~and more importantly, the thoughful creativity put into those gifts~will be soooooooo appreciated by the recipients. SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did!

Seagull Sunrise