Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Great vacation with kids.....

Part 2 of my vacation post-a great place to vacation with kids-the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
We've gone there for the past 8-9 years and we love it! So much fun, so much to do and so beautiful.


Just driving along the road, you see things like this.....

We always go to Storyland in Glen, NH when we are there. I remember Storyland from when I was young and went there with my parents. Alot of it is the same, but they've added new rides so my older girls were just as happy as the younger ones.
This is Cinderella's coach that takes you up to her castle (or you can ride it down from the castle).

There's the cutest playground that is a huge tree with stairs to climb up and slide to go down. You can look in one part of the tree and there is a magic leprechaun-the kids love that part.


This is the entrance of the park with Humpty Dumpty.

Pictures with Mother Goose-they have a shoe you can walk through and she gives out stickers.


One of my kids favorite parts was always the ball pits. There are two-one for real small kids and then the regular one for older kids.




The inside of Cinderella's castle-my girls love sitting on the throne and having their pictures taken with Cinderella. They also have a case with a glass shoe in it.


My girls love this roller coaster-there's also a water flume and another water ride where you sit in a tube and get soaked!! We always save that ride for last. They've added more rides in the last few years and the park has gotten bigger.




We usually visit Santa's Village when we're in NH also. It's about an hour away from Storyland but also so much fun! They play Christmas music all the time and everything is decorated-very special.
They have shows in the park which are really good. This one was a musical and the actors came out afterwards to greet the kids. They have a 3D movie that is adorable.



Lots of picture taking opportunities throughout the park-I love this one!



One year we went to the top of Mount Washington on the cog railroad train-very cool but very cold!! The train was really neat. There was a museum about how the tracks were built.

This is just a tiny bit of all there is to do in NH. We're real excited to go to Hershey but we'll miss all this too. We've had some real fun times and have wonderful memories. The girls always talk about different things we've done.

Thanks for letting me walk down memory lane looking at all our old pictures. Good News-my computer should be back tomorrow so I'll be able to start sharing some current pictures.
I'll leave you with this picture-I had to include it-too funny!!
A tough day at the park

Yes that is a bag of Cheetos she was eating when she fell asleep :)
Have a great week!!




6 comments:

Amanda said...

My goodness what an awesome vacation!!! I LOVE that fun kid friendly place... and SO want to take my kids there!!!

Cyute blog btw!

God bless-
Amanda

Courtney said...

How fun! I loved the pictures!

Katie said...

Wow what a great family friendly place to visit! I'd never heard of it and looks like there is a lot to do and so much fun to be had. It's no wonder two got all tuckered out. Wonder if they have a mommy sized one, I bet you needed a nap too after all that.

Lani said...

Stopping by from SITS! I love these pictures because it reminds me of a place in upstate NY that we used to visit when I was little -"Storytown". Looks like you guys had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great place for vacation and I love the last shot!

Stopping by from SITs!

Ms. Wanda said...

Wow, what a great Vacation you are having! I just got back from FL and I want to go back everyday:)