Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Update on April Fool's Day

I didn't get to do as much on April Fool's as I planned-we ended up with an earlier softball practice that I didn't find out about until after school-little crazy at our house for the next hour :)

We started off with the colored milk in the cereal-my older girls loved it-the look on my 8 yr old's face was funny. It backfired a bit-my 6 yr old would not eat her cereal-no convincing her :) My girls really got me first-they switched the cereal bags/boxes and totally got me!


We had colorful cupcakes for dinner-my oldest daughter missed it, but we surprised her when she got home from practice. We made a "cake" though-I forgot to buy foil lined cupcake holders-I think I was at the store almost every day last week too buying snacks for school because the kids had state testing (our PTO supplies snacks to all the classes during testing)-hate when I'm at the store and forget something. My 8 yr old helped me make the "cake" and she "frosted" it. She loved telling everyone we were having cake for dinner. The 3 yr old cried because she wanted food not cake and once again, my 6 yr old was not touching colored mashed potatoes :) Overall, though, they had a blast and loved tricking my oldest when she came home later.



The funniest part of the day though was after dinner. My husband was playing with the girls, who were tired and not feeling well, trying to entertain them while I cleaned up. He gave them his cell phone and had them call me for April Fool's, prompting them what to say beforehand. My 8 and 6 yr old called me up and asked me if my refrigerator was running. I said yes and waited for the punch line. They just said ok and hung up. Too funny!!

5 comments:

Heidi Boos said...

Sounds like lots of fun laughter in your household...that's so great!

Cammie said...

I roll called under you over at SITS this am so I wanted to pop in and say hi! Beautiful family!!

beth said...

you are a very fun mom, especially with 5 to deal with! thanks for stopping by my blog!

Kris said...

Too funny about the colored milk!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

This is so fun! I want to do something crazy for dinner and colored mashed potatoes would be so easy!!! Thanks for linking this up!