Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Dishing It! with Serenity Now

Photobucket


Party time again!!! Time for July's Dishing It! with Amanda at Serenity Now.

This month's topic is "Your Summer Reading List".......perfect, love, love, love to read and have since I was younger. I don't have as much time to read as I used too-hhmmmm, wonder why??-but I still love it and it's a great way to relax especially before bed. I've also gotten really good at reading while I'm cooking, I figure I'm just standing there and have to be in the kitchen anyways-might as well enjoy it a bit!

Now a days, I'm usually reading light fiction because I'm either a. too tired to really concentrate or b. the kids are running around and I can't concentrate. It's hard to get into a book with a complex plot and lots of characters when you're falling asleep or stopping every few sentences to help someone out. I get a few magazines in the mail like Parent and Good Housekeeping and my guilty pleasure is definitely the People magazines my sister in law passes on to me.

I'm really looking forward to lots of reading this summer. On my Top 5 List right now are:

1. Private by James Paterson and Maxine Paetro
I don't read many mysteries but I have pretty much loved all the James Paterson books I've read. I love his Detective Alex Cross Series and his Women's Murder Club Series.

2. The Secret by Beverly Lewis
Last summer I read one series by Beverly Lewis and really enjoyed it. Her books mainly focus on the Amish Community. This book is the first of another series that includes The Missing and The Telling.

3. While My Sister Sleeps by Barbara Delinsky
Another author that I'll get a book by even if I don't know what the book is about. This one is about two sisters and sounds interesting.

4. The Pact: A Love Story by Jodi Picoult
Love this author too! Never been disappointed with one of her books.

5. Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
This book is on my oldest daughter's summer reading list so I want to read it too. She already finished it and liked it.

Time to go to the library!!

9 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

My sis is a huge Jodi Picoult fan, but I haven't tried any of her books yet. Hope you enjoy yours. :) Beverly Lewis is good--she made my friend L want to become Amish. ;) But L can't give up the Facebook or her phone, so it won't happen. ;)

Thanks so much for joining the party. Hope you have fun "mingling." :)

Michelle said...

I've not read any of these. Sound like great reads, I will ahve to check them out! If you visit you will see my preschoolers reading list is pretty much my reading list these days!

FrouFrouBritches said...

Jodi Picoult is supposed to be really good, but I haven't read anything by her yet.

Amy said...

I haven't heard of these books, but they sound interesting. Several of my friends have read books by Jodi Picoult and really enjoyed them. I guess it is time for me to give her a try. Thanks for sharing!!

Amy said...

I haven't heard of these books, but they sound interesting. Several of my friends have read books by Jodi Picoult and really enjoyed them. I guess it is time for me to give her a try. Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

I'm detecting a trend that all these bloggers love, love, love to read. Thanks for helping to turn my summer reading list into a fall and winter list!

Jennifer said...

Jodi Picoult is one of my favorites. I read The Pact not long ago and really liked (my favorite is My Sister's Keeper). I alos like Barbara Delinsky but can't remember if I've read the one you mentioned...need to check on that. And I also like James Patterson. I like the Alex Cross books. Have you read his love story Sam's Letters To Jennifer? Love it! Very different than his usual stuff.
Thanks for stopping by earlier :)

Kenzie said...

I love James Patterson! Detective Alex Cross has always been one of my favorite characters! Jodi Picoult is also a must read for me!

Paula@SweetPea said...

I like Jodi Picoult, although it has been a long time since I've read one of her books. I'm going to look for "The Secret" at the library. Happy Reading!