Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Little late......

but I made it to the party!!
Amanda at Serenity Now is having another party.......a Show Me The Progress Party! Time to share any project that you may be working on that's not finished. It's fun to see what everyone is working on and how their projects are coming along.
We've been working on my older girls' bedroom-they're 13 and 10 now so it was time for an update. I kind of did the re-do a bit backwards. First, I found comforters I liked that were on sale-green on one side and blue on the other. Then we matched the paint to the comforter and for a first for us.......painted the walls two different colors........you know you're talking to a girl who has lots of white walls in her house so this was a major step for me.

The bottom of the wall is the blue color and the top the green color. It came out great-my husband and dad did a nice job with it-and the girls love it. What a difference it made in the room-I want color everywhere now!! This is my oldest daughter's bureau-I think it was the only neat place in the room to snap a shot!!

Only after we painted the room did I started looking for fabric for curtains.....this is where I think I was a bit backwards. I wanted to bring in some other bright colors too and after a few trips to the fabric store to bring home samples, I found this fabric......

Both the girls liked it....score! It's perfect too because the blue and green match perfectly and I can bring in bright pink and bright orange-just what I wanted.

Now to find time to sew the curtains.......I'm thinking that won't happen until school starts!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Hi, Dawn! I love the blue and green. Fresh and pretty without being too girlie--not good for older girls. Love your fabric too! Good progress. :) Thanks so much for linking up with me. Hope you have fun visiting around!

Honey Mommy said...

Love the color scheme! It looks like so much fun and I bet the girls LOVE it!

Amy said...

Wow you have lucky girls. I am hosting my Round Robin this week if you want to share this. Have a great day.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

super cute.
;)

Amy said...

Thanks for linking this up.. I am so happy you did..