Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sweet 16 Duet Apron


My neice turned 16 yesterday and we had a family party for her tonight. We had more snow today so I almost thought we weren't going to be able to make it. We decided to start out and then just turn around if the roads were too bad. We made it! She loves to cook-she made all her birthday party treats- so I made her an apron to go with the rest of her present. I finished it about 15 minutes before we left-talk about close :) She liked it and smiled when she realized what it was. I'm glad I was able to give her a little something special, just for her, and although I spent all day finishing it up, it was worth it.
P.S. Kris-I stuck the check in the pocket just like you suggested and then wrapped it all up :)

3 comments:

Courtney said...

What a cute apron! Glad she liked it, I'm sure she will love it and think of you every time she wears it! :)

You sound like me-finishing up as we walk out the door!

Kris said...

FANTASTIC!! You used such cute fabrics and like Courtney said, she will always remember you each time she wears it. I just love that you gave her something that she could really connect to and it showed her that you really knew her and the things she was interested in. Good job on the added bonus of the check! She was probably thrilled! :)

Three Prince Designs said...

How darling! I bet she will always cherish it!