Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Basketball Valentines

I wanted to give the girls on my basketball team a little present for Valentine's Day.

Thought it would be kinda of cute for it to have a basketball theme.



I started off trying to find a basketball shaped as a heart. No luck. I did find just a basketball graphic and remembered the picnik website. I was running out of time, so I figured I'd just add some text and print out a valentine for the girls. After loading up the graphic, I totally lucked out. Under the create tab, I found {love flair}. Oh, so perfect. It adds a heart silhoutte to the middle of your picture. Just what I wanted. I added the text and my valentine was complete.

My daughter and I made chocolate covered pretzels with m&m's. Sampled a bunch few and then put them in baggies. We attached a valentine to each bag with a ribbon.


Quick and easy!

My girls are also giving these to all the girls on their basketball teams and their classmates.

I know it's late, but if you'd like a copy of this, please let me know. I'd be happy to send it to you.

I'm linking up to these parties Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots and Jello, Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now and Weekend Wrap Up Party at I heart Naptime






4 comments:

Chessa @ Antsi-Pants said...

Great idea! I'm proposing this idea to my daughter for her basketball team. Their practice is on Valentine's day.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Too cute, Dawn! Love how you sampled the goods. ;) Have to make sure everything turned out okay, right?? ;)

Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party! Have fun finding some new reads, and I hope you'll come back and visit Serenity Now again soon. :)

Claremont First Ward said...

SO, SO, SO cute. I love that they are not gender specific, and since choc covered pretzels are a favorite of mine, I wish I was on "their team". :)

Melanie said...

Those turned out great! I love handmade Valentines. I found you through Made By You Mondays and am now a follower.

Melanie
youmadethat.blogspot.com