Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Exciting Teeth Happenings!!

Since February is Dental Health Month, I think it's appropriate that we've had some teeth happenings in our house.
We've got our first set of braces in the house.

Way different from when I had braces. Oh boy, I used to rock the "Tin Grins Are In" tshirt!

So glad the band doesn't wrap all around your front teeth anymore. I still remember having those put on-ouch! You get to pick your own rubber band colors now too. Guess that makes braces a fashion accessory. No more boring clear colored rubber bands.

The breakfast of champions the morning before the big braces day. Her favorite candy that she won't be able to eat for awhile.

Her sisters certainly enjoyed that!

Last week, we had our second big tooth happening. My 5 year old lost her first tooth-very exciting!

It had been a little loose for awhile and then got real loose.

Now, not much grosses me out-especially since having kids-but a real, real wigglie tooth. That gives me the heebie jeebies. I'm not sure why, but I don't do wigglie teeth. That's my hubby's department.

He took care of the tooth and we had another visit from the tooth fairy and a very excited 5 year old who's got some money burning a hole in her pocket!


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Stacy Uncorked said...

They have beautiful smiles! Princess Nagger will be wearing fashionable braces when she gets older, too. ;) I'm with you - I get the heeby jeebies when Princess Nagger has an ultra wiggly tooth ready to fall out, too! :)

WW: Paleontologist Heaven at Paleopalooza

Sandy said...

I love that she had some Sour Patch kids before getting her braces on! :)

Susie B. Homemaker said...

I am not looking forward to when my girls have to get braces. We've already been told by the dentist that they'll need them. And my oldest (5 yr. old) has a couple loose teeth so we'll be getting a visit from the tooth fairy soon. ;p How fun that you let your daughter eat her fave candy before she got the braces put on. :)

Claremont First Ward said...

That's a lot of tooth news for the month! How are the braces going?

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

Sounds like a lot of toothy fun. You have such a wonderful blog. I decided to award you with The Versatile Award. Hop on over to my blog to claim your prize. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com