Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Show the {Love} for 100 Days T Shirt

There is going to be some serious partying in kindergarten this Monday.

Not only is Monday Valentine's Day. A celebration in and of itself. A celebration that by itself could make a whole class of 5 and 6 year olds's giddy and make the teacher want to call in sick ready to share the love.

It's also our school's 100th day.

This may be a first. I'm not sure if they've ever landed on the same day before. I hope they don't mind sharing.



So, an extra special occasion deserves a special t-shirt.

I just thought of this yesterday. Wish I had thought of it a bit sooner but it didn't take long to make. Perfect for me, quick, easy and inexpensive.

I had the fabric in my stash and used a t-shirt my daughter already had. It looks red in the pictures but it's really hot pink.



I freehanded the hearts and the one and sewed them on the shirt. I only used a straight stitch because I figured it's only going to be worn once.


After I showed my 5 year old the shirt and she tried it on and jumped around saying she was wearing it to school on Monday, I heard her say to her sister "why is there a 1 and two hearts?". My 7 year old very patiently explained that the two hearts were the zeros of the 100. My 5 year old then said "oh yeah, they do kind of look like zeros".

Linking up to Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots and Jello, Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now, Friday Flair Linky Party Valentine's Edition at WhipperBerry, I'm Loving It at Tidymom, and Round Robin at Keeping Up With the Schultz Family




Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Susie said...

What a great idea!! The 100th day at school is always so fun:-)

FrouFrouBritches said...

Super cute! We celebrate 100 days of school too. It's so cool that you came up with a way to celebrate both. Precious! I use the straight stitch a lot just because I like the sort of shabby look when it frays just slightly. So cute!

Brandi said...

That is a cute idea! :) Have a fun party!

Amy said...

Thanks for linking up. I love the idea and it is so cute. Have a great weekend.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Cute!! Love that you made the hearts into zeros...even if not everyone *got* it. ;) Preschool doesn't do 100 days. Maybe in kindergarten?

Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party! :)